Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape your future.
The Information Technology team develops and maintains Bell’s internal systems and applications while also developing integrated technology solutions for customers across all lines of business.
The team manages Bell’s IT Infrastructure and the service availability of over 700 applications, including mission critical billing and service systems. The IT delivery teams drive the IT Work Program with over 60% of IT capital invested in initiatives that support business unit priorities and Bell’s strategic imperatives.
The Bell Canada Information Technology Delivery Program is looking for a Project Manager to lead the delivery of IT solutions on behalf of the Corporate Health and Safety, Security/Fraud and Revenue Management Businesses teams. The Program manages development and delivery projects across all three business teams creating lots of diversity and knowledge learning opportunity in the role.
The successful candidate will directly lead a part of the end to end program managing IT business analysts, contractors and developers and partner with other IT teams such as Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, Front Door, etc for project deployments and further development of the applications. The candidate will be accountable to work with external vendors such as CGI, Amdocs and others. We require a highly motivated individual, who thrives in an exciting and constantly changing environment, to apply creativity and innovation in the development of solutions essential to support our overall strategic program, and is able to able to lead change through cross-functional teams or business unit projects.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Overall end-to-end ownership of multiple delivery projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- Leads the quantification of requirements (process and system) for the business solution and the translation of those business needs into IS/IT and vendor requirements.
- Accountable to identify/raise project issues and drive the resolution of design and delivery issues with the project delivery units and to oversee the development and implementation of the business solution.
- Negotiates and confirms scope of system and process changes with key stakeholders, identifying business opportunities and options resulting from system solution design and development.
- Identifies and monitors the benefits associated with the business solution.
- Resources and builds core and extended project teams.
- Directly responsible for PM’s, BA’s and SME direct reports as well as contractors.
- Regularly interfaces with all appropriate stakeholders to ensure smooth transition of the business solution throughout the project lifecycle.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for YEE and program/project budget and forecasting.
- Assist in project planning and costing for multi-year strategic plan, support all PEATS and finance project delivery obligations following IT practices.
- Strong people/team leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong dedication to customer focus
- Ability to work in a fluid team environment
- At least 5 years previous experience as a Project Manager
- Extensive experience in managing project delivery involving multi-tiered systems integration.
- Strong analytical/conceptual skills
- Ability to gain management support and work effectively at all levels across the organization and across departments within our organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to act as the sponsor and customer advocate throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to handle ambiguity and rapid change
- Problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Sound business acumen
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Project Finance, Budget (Knowledge of SAP) and Governance Processes (PEATS/IPC/ICEC)
- Experience in key business domains such as Bell Resiliency Health and Safety, Corporate Fraud and or Revenue management are valuable competencies
- Demonstrated experience in delivering and executing on key projects through cross functional teams
- Experienced in designing new process and governance
- Proficient in Project Management methodology
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Identify dependencies/interdependencies
- Conflict resolution/negotiation
- Ability to assess and articulate customer needs/requirements and develop potential solutions
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Problem solving
- Ability to build/document a timeline
- College certificate or University degree (business, computer science)
- Project Management Certifications and or work experience equivalents
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects with geographically dispersed team members.
- Availability to work occasional weekends, evenings and nights, to meet hard deadlines and deployment activities
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto corridors depending on project needs
- Fast paced, changing working environment
Bilingualism is a significant asset (English and French) Job Location: Toronto GTA, On / Montreal, QC
Work Address Details - 9 Channel Nine Ct., Scarborough (ON) or 671 La Gauchetiere, Montreal (QC); on-site. Preference is ON