Bell IT Delivery, Telecom Services Department is responsible for the ongoing planning, design, and oversight of the data and voice network to support internal Bell requirements.
The ICN Delivery team is currently seeking a qualified Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate must be people-oriented with great project management and communication skills, and with a strong technical understanding. The candidate must have demonstrated ability to impact and influence business decisions and successfully manages cross functional teams. This individual must also have strong engagement management skills, solid business acumen, and deep technical insights with the ability to speak in both business and technical terms.
Job duties / accountabilities:
This role would include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Develop business cases, research & assess costs/benefits of new technologies, IT solutions and initiatives
- Participate in development and prioritization of short and long term strategic infrastructure programs and plans
- Manage IT programs and provide leadership to cross-functional project teams with a focus on achieving goals, minimizing risk and delivering quality
- Support and guide all parties involved within a program to embrace effective governance throughout the life cycle of projects
- Manage program/project financials, monthly YEE
- Develop and maintain key project deliverables, project plans, communication plans and status reports.
- Work with Project managers and stakeholders to determine and prioritize project objectives, critical success factors and project risks.
- Provide input and assistance to other IT groups implementing projects within the BST environment
- Liaise with solution vendors, architects, and work with peers to develop and drive goals, define technical specifications and detailed implementation plans for projects
- Promote/maintain effective communications with Bell internal business partners to ensure clear understanding of all elements of business strategies or complex IT solutions
The successful candidate MUST possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or Business Administration
- PMP Certification is highly desirable
- Proven track record with 7+ years of experience managing and delivering mid to large size projects at a program level in a complex business and IT environment
- Experience in developing successful business cases for large capital initiatives with knowledge of IT funding and governance processes
- Program management skills including project planning and management, interdependency management, and risk assessment and mitigation
- Strong Project Management skills including project scheduling, project budgeting and controlling all aspects of projects.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Be highly self-motivated with proactive approach to problem solving, multi-task oriented team member with ability to self-manage tasks to completion within structured timelines
- Be able to thrive in a high pressure environment with changing priorities, with customer satisfaction as a top priority
- Working knowledge of Unified communications, IP telephony, and data networking
- Experience working with Contact Centre systems (process i.e. Cisco UCCE, Avaya Aura, CTI, IVR etc…) and business/workforce management processes.
- Management level knowledge of enterprise-level applications PEATS, PORT, SAP, Ariba, etc
- Strong PC skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Project, Visio)
- Strong IT experience with excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and articulate to all levels of management representing both technical and business perspectives.
- Be willing to travel on occasion
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. French language skills would be beneficial.