The Technical Advisor team is a highly specialized group that supports the delivery of the most technically challenging projects our organization is asked to work on. Involved in every cycle of project delivery, the Technical advisor on the security & network requirements.
Working within teams of various projects, the Technical advisor will be responsible to ensure all technical aspects are answered and addressed.
- Participate in system requirements specification phase in order to assess the impacts to the lab infrastructure of the service assurance domain, following the implementation/introduction of a given network technology
- Actively participate in the design and the implementation phases (including environment setup)
- Capacity planning and definition of the performance testing plan and oversee the execution of the performance testing
The Technical Advisor will work on the lab infrastructure (50+ servers) within the service assurance domain. He will support and monitor the heterogeneous infrastructure (HPUX, Solaris, Linux, Windows) and will need to resolve/troubleshoot issues as they arise.
The Technical Advisor will need to support a common backup solution for the all the applications/servers within our domain.
The Technical Advisor will also participate in projects and technical documentation.
- Bachelor or Master of electrical or computer engineering or computer science (preferred)
- Bachelor or Master in telecommunications/network engineering
- System administration (mandatory)
- Linux/UNIX, Windows
- OS troubleshooting
- Software installation/management (Apache, JBoss/Wildfly, etc.)
- DNS, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, SSH, etc.
- Scripting (shell, perl, awk, python, etc.)
- Hardware - Sun, HP, IBM
- Docker, Kubernetese, OpenShift
- Jenkins, uDeploy, Ansible
- Dynatrace, DCRUM
- Kibana/Elasticsearch/Logstash/Beats (ELK)
- Databases (mandatory)
- Oracle (mainly), MongoDB, MySQL, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.
- Experience building/using SQL, PL/SQL, ETL
- Apache Kafka, Confluence
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Administration of multi-tier & complex environment
- Clustering, high-availability & DRP (planning and execution)
- Programming and markup languages (asset)
- Any markup language (HTML + CSS, XML, SGML, etc)
- IT Security (preferred) – OS, Network, Application
- Knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools.
- General understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP (preferred)
- Sys Admin background – a must (4+ years)
- Unix/Linux/Solaris shell scripting – a must
- PL/SQL & SQL creation/migration/optimization – a definite asset
- Experience building or customizing multi-tiered Java EE applications – an asset
- Strong troubleshooting skills (ability to uncover troubles rapidly and provide resolution)
- Strong analytical skills (ability to quickly determine the problem space and organize it into simple components through data mining, statistical analysis and quantitative analysis)
- Strong technical writing skills (ability to write clearly and concisely)
- Bilingualism is a definite asset
- Proven leadership and organization skills
- Excellent ability to articulate and document technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, strong tolerance to ambiguity, excellent capacity for applied learning
- Working Conditions:
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
- Fast paced, changing working environmentJob location (city): Montreal Campus (IDS) or Bell major centers in Quebec or Ontario.