3 Top skills must be seen on the resume:
- Experience in working with creative agencies and vendors,
- 1 to 3 years in a marketing, communications or advertising role
- post-secondary or related experience and strong project coordination skills
Testing in interviews? I would like candidates to present on company’s retail marketing and future opportunities
What types of projects will this candidate be working on? retail operation projects, brand campaign brief, digital signage execution, VMS, handset execution.
Typical hours worked: 9 am – 5 pm from Monday to Friday.
Why has this position arisen? Backfill
Any potential to hire Full time? Unsure, contingent on company hiring and performance.
Flex hours, possible to work from remote? No, unless requested and approved with manager.
Based in downtown Toronto you will be a key member of the Merchandising team that brings client's brand to life in all retail channels.
At client's, they don’t have “customers” they have Members, and Members get deals on the hottest brands and shots at VIP experiences, double award-winning service, hot phones, and super-flexible plans.
Reporting into the Sr. Manager, Marketing, Communications, as the Specialist, Marketing Communications (Retail) you will be responsible for the planning, development, and execution of in store printed/digital materials and fixtures/experiences to elevate our brand and promote our value proposition in our retail channels.
A quickie about the job:
- Create strong creative briefs that lead to compelling communications and experiences in retail environments;
- Support the creation & development of printed and digital deliverables for our brand stores and national channels;
- Conceptualize and design store fixtures elevating customer experiences aligning visual consistency across multiple store fixture concepts.
- Collaborate with key partners and across Retail Planning, Brand, Marketing, Channel Marketing, Retail IT, and third-party vendors as required;
- Cross-functionally lead teams and vendors and influence key stakeholders across all levels to execute go-to-market activities, utilizing proven project management and relationship management skills to represent and respond to deliverables;
- Upload, schedule, and publish digital signage and music content to branded, dealer, and partner locations, using content management software;
- Liaise with creative agencies for content and creative development;
- Track and maintain the status of the digital signage creative;
The “Must Haves”
- 5+ years in a marketing, communications or advertising role post-secondary or related experience.
- Experience working in or interacting with the retail industry.
- Experience in leading effective client/vendor/cross-functional meetings.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications (especially Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder)
- Expert in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (especially Excel)
- Experience in working with creative agencies and vendors
- Strong project coordination skills
Do you fit the part?
- You’re Member-obsessed and passionate about all things retail;
- You’re independent, highly motivated and enjoy collaborating and problem solving;
- You have incredible attention for detail;
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and you’re comfortable presenting work;
- You are passionate about new ideas and emerging retail trends.
Why work for us?
- We're seriously fun! We value fun and encourage it as a management style and as a culture. We work hard, but party even harder (if you like that sort of thing).
- People are our greatest asset. We believe in treating people with respect and giving them the freedom to be themselves.
Work Address Details - 720 King Street West; Suite 905; Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2T3