Must be bilingual
3 Top skills must be seen on the resume
Should have marketing background or aspire to be in marketing
This is a Junior/intermediate role
No testing in interviews
What types of projects will this candidate be working on?
- Research competitive pricing and offers
- Create and share reporting on a regular basis
- Perform analyses and present for executives
- Manage a program of 60+ participants to help us gather competitive intel
Typical hours worked Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30pm (37.5 hrs/wk)
Any potential to hire Full time yes, depending on roles available, candidate fit, candidate performance, etc.
Flex hours, possible to work from remote? If there are extreme weather events, illness, medical appointments etc. otherwise should be at the Montreal office
The client is in the business of enabling customers to connect with people, information and entertainment by delivering integrated products and service experience for consumers while enhancing our competitiveness in the marketplace. The team provides customers with Home phone, local and long distance services, Internet, Satellite TV and amazing new technologies such as Fibe TV.
The Pricing and Strategy team is responsible for driving core pricing and the full suite of competitive offers for the client's Residential Services portfolio (TV, Internet and Home Phone). These activities form a critical part of the marketing plan which drives $6 billion in annual revenues and over 7 million in revenue generating units. In addition, the team is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the competitive pricing landscape for the Canadian Telecom market and ensuring the team is well informed on all competitive developments.
The team is currently seeking a highly motivated, detailed, and self-driven individual to join the team. This person will help the competitive intelligence team identify competitive offer changes in the marketplace.
In this role, the Competitive Intelligence Analyst will be a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape and how client’s residential services compare to the competition. This individual will utilize their strategic and financial acumen to help identify opportunities for improvement within the pricing environment, and risks the competition is presenting. The successful candidate will need to work across several different cross functional teams (i.e. marketing, finance, sales, operations and product), as such, strong communication skills, and the ability to influence will be essential.
Reporting to the Manager of Competitive Insight, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring competitive pricing and actions and reporting these insights to stakeholders
- Presentation of competitive intelligence reports at the senior leadership level
- Problem identification, opportunity assessment, proposal development, business case development, and presentation delivery
- Structure development of strategic, transformational, and business process improvement plans
- Involvement in the pricing elements of key Residential Services initiatives --- new product launches, line-up refreshes, etc.
- Use of game theory, and other strategic analysis tools, to develop appropriate responses to competitive pricing activities
- Relationship building with external departments, working collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues and senior leadership
- Organization, coordination and strong time management skills to handle multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, energetic, and a has a winning mind-set
- Ability to manage tolerance to ambiguity, flexibility, and deal effectively with adversity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Results-driven attitude with the ability to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Undergraduate Degree – Business/Commerce
- Experience in a marketing or sales role