3 Top skills must be seen on the resume:
- instructional or curriculum design
- graphic design
- interactive and engaging activities
What level is this role junior/intermediate/senior? high end junior, low end intermediate
Any testing in interviews? If so please provide details - Yes, will have to create a sample learn plan
What types of projects will this candidate be working on? Virtual training curriculum design, sales training redesign, quarterly training events
Typical hours worked? Monday – Friday, 9 to 5
Why has this position arisen, backfill? Backfill – Contractor has moved to FT
Any potential to hire Full time? New FT positions are not often created for contractors, opportunity to backfill FT
Flex hours, possible to work from remote? No remote work, possible to time shift – 8 to 4 or 10 to 6 after 3 months.
A quickie about the job:
We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment where they’ll collaborate with like minded, high energy, young professionals who are passionate about what they do. Being at the forefront of delivering excellence, we’re always in need of smart people who like to get things done. If you’re looking for more than just a place to work and fearlessly embrace challenge and change then this might be the gig for you.
As a Training Specialist you will be accountable for assessing needs, designing, developing and evaluating training solutions. This person will be responsible for creating and updating learning materials to support the goals and priorities of the business. This role collaborates directly with senior leadership, subject matter experts and project managers, and will be actively involved in the complete training cycle.
What we’re looking for:
You’re a lifelong learner that recognizes the big picture and demonstrates a passion for knowledge. You’re creative, innovative and a self-starter that’s eager to take on new challenges and become a SME in a given subject area. Your creative mind is balanced with strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You believe in a team-oriented approach to driving success and are a natural collaborator.
We’ve always got hot stuff going on at Virgin Mobile and we’re looking for a candidate that will pull up their sleeves and dig into anything we throw their way. In this role you will…
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to conduct needs analysis and convert complex projects into simple and effective business goals, performance objectives and key learning points.
- Write and maintain detailed topic training briefs that outline measurable objectives and clear and concise key learning points.
- Map objectives and key learning points to multiple delivery methodologies including virtual, and classroom training.
- Create an assessment plans for topic objectives and entire blended programs.
- Review training map and assessment plan with stakeholders and secure sign-off.
- Design instructor led/virtual instructor led training, leader guides, presentations and learning tools.
- Write reinforcement questions.
- Create interactive and engaging on-brand learning activities.
- Design graphic elements to support learning content.
The ‘must haves’…
- University degree or College diploma in Instructional Design/Development or related field
- Strong writing and editing skills. Copywriting expertise is an asset
- Solid MS Office Suite skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, comfortable multitasking with acute attention to detail; be sure to mention your favourite ice cream in your cover letter
- Working knowledge of training, communication applications/tools; Articulate, LMS platforms/SCORM an asset
- Formal education/certification/designation(s) in Training including Applied Adult Learning Principles an asset (ex Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) Designation)
- Bilingual, English/French is an asset
Work location - 720 King St W