Testing in interviews - screening questions will be provided TBA
3 Top skills must be seen on the resume - 4+ years of professional experience in social media marketing - Rock solid understanding of and experienced in Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat ad platforms. Must be an expert in campaign setup, targeting, formats, objectives and general best practices. You need to know the back end like the back of your hand!
Experience in influencer marketing program management, including identification, negotiation and execution
What types of projects will this candidate be working on: social brand and tactical campaigns, organic social channel content strategy, promotion of our Member Benefits program on social, influencer programs
Typical hours worked: Monday-Friday, 9-5
Backfill position/ Potential to hire Full time: yes
Flex hours, possible to work from remote?: ability to work remote on occasion however the role is Monday-Friday, 9-5 out of our Toronto office.
Based in downtown Toronto you will be the Marketing team’s Social Media go-to, who brings the Virgin Mobile brand to life across all social platforms. At Virgin Mobile, we don’t have customers we have Members, and Members get deals on the hottest brands and shots at VIP experiences, best customer service, hot phones, and super-flexible plans.
The Social Media Specialist is a social marketer that will help manage all aspects of Virgin Mobile’s social advertising - from strategy to setup to optimization & analysis. You will be key in the development of social strategy including paid, organic and influencer marketing.
Reporting into the Sr. Manager, Social Media & PR, you will be responsible for the planning, development, setup and management/optimization of social marketing campaigns.
A quickie about the job:
- Work with the Senior Manager of Social & PR and media agency to develop insights driven social strategy for paid and organic, for both brand and tactical campaigns
- Execute ad setup, monitoring and optimizing of all social campaigns, concurrently and accurately
- Work with internal analytics team and agency partners to track campaigns and build audiences
- Owner of our organic social channels and responsible for all content output. Work with social care reps to help troubleshoot concerns and ensure our social channels stay true our brand voice
- Develop content ideas for social brand campaign and manage content creation from the ground up alongside other marketing and creative team leads. Work with photographers & videographers to create real time in the moment social ads at our key events
- Work with our PR agency to support influencer marketing programs, and support in brand PR projects when needed
- Always be on the lookout for new social ideas, products, trends and best practices and finding ways to innovate, develop processes and push our social forward
- Ownership over the setup and quality control of social campaigns - measuring performance and optimizing to maximize results and make use of data to inform decisions
- Work with cross-functional teams (agencies, campaign, creative, brand) to deliver effective targeted messages to potential and existing Members
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Social & PR to build and execute social & PR campaigns that drive brand awareness and exceed set KPIs
- Attend our sponsored events to tell the story in real-time on our social channels
- Convert complex briefs into effective social marketing execution plans
- Project manage various aspects of social & PR projects
- Deliver on strategy, on time and on budget in a fast-paced environment
The “Must Haves”
- 4+ years of professional experience in social media marketing
- Rock solid understanding of and experienced in Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat ad platforms. Must be an expert in campaign setup, targeting, formats, objectives and general best practices. You need to know the back end like the back of your hand!
- Understanding of social consumer behaviour and experienced in identifying target audiences and devising social campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Experience in influencer marketing program management, including identification, negotiation and execution
- Understanding of how to use post campaign data to create smarter strategies, and ability to distill various data sets to actionable insights.
- Experienced in project management, and working cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Experience planning, managing and executing real-time social campaigns
- Degree in Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, or relevant field is an asset
- Media relations experience an asset
Do you fit the part?
- You’re passionate about all things social media
- You’re highly motivated and proactive – you’re always asking yourself ‘how can we be better’ and taking action to get there
- You’re an independent, highly interactive thinker who loves collaborating cross-discipline, and crafting solutions
- You’re an out-of-the-box thinker with strong analytical skills. You can follow the data but also, mine for those hidden gems when required
- People love working with you because they can count on you and enjoy interacting with you
- You have a razor-sharp attention for detail
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and you’re comfortable presenting work
- You can multi-task, multi-task, and multi-task like a pro. Did we mention you’d need to multi-task?
- You know how to have fun while getting stuff done.
Why work for us?
We're seriously fun! We value fun and encourage it as a management style and as a culture. We work hard, but party even harder (if you like that sort of thing).
People are our greatest asset. We believe in treating people with respect and giving them the freedom to be themselves.