Rates need to match skill set; preferred engineering candidate (not architects).
Top 3 Skills
- Virtualization (OpenStack),
- Prior Development/Scripting Expertise,
- Networking and 3GPP Knowledge
Testing in interviews - Maybe LTE call-flow testing depending on experience of candidate.
Types of projects candidate will be working on - Deploying and maintaining Wireless Packet Core network
Typical hours worked - 8 to 4 or 9 to 5
Why this position has arisen - Additional workload in team
Potential to hire full time - Yes, if there is headcount and a future fit
Flex hours - 8 to 4 or 9 to 5; remote working as needed (not on a daily basis).
Ranking of skills by preference.
1) Openstack/Virtualization skills
2) Software/Automation skill
3) Network skills
4) 3GPP / Mobility
Reporting to the Manager, Wireless Core Data Services, the successful candidate will function in a team consisting of highly skilled engineers responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and 2nd level operational support of the wireless data network platforms.
- Design, maintain, operate client’s wireless packet core network with the “Best Network” objectives in mind.
- Complete change and implementation activity on network elements, changing resource/connectivity allocations and verifying successful network integration of any changes.
- Monitor health/status of HSPA (GGSN, SGSN, GPRS DNS), LTE (MME, PGW, SGW), VoWIFI (AAA, EPDG) network elements, react to alarms, and perform corrective actions as necessary.
- Working experience-deploying NFVs in an IaaS Openstack environment.
- CCNA to CCNP level IP networking skills, facilitating monitoring, verification and troubleshooting of connectivity between core data network elements, resource allocations and mobile data call path from RAN to target destinations
- Innovate new and creative solutions to improve the way we work and deliver our projects.
- Develop solutions to automate repetitive tasks and improve working efficiency within the team.
- Some night shift work and weekend/holiday coverage will be required for maintenance window implementations and operational support.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Practical knowledge with DevOps tools and programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, Go, Ansible, Git.
- Experience working with cloud computing platform such as Openstack
- Understanding or experience of Agile, Lean, DevOps, adaptive working environment.
- Understanding of 3GPP and IP networking protocols
- Experience working on Linux operating system such as Ubuntu, Red Hat
- Ability to work and adapt in a continuously changing work environment.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills with a passion to see the work through the eyes of the customer.
- Understanding of UMTS/HSPA/LTE/IMS/5G core network architecture.
- Bilingual (French/English) would be a definite asset.
Work Address Details - Mississauga