We are a team of information technology professionals that delivers high quality software solutions for client’s Business Markets. Our team’s main domains are qualification, network mediation, session initiation protocol provisioning (SIPCIP), and Western Canada provisioning. We require a Senior Business Solutions Architect to join our team with a primary focus on the qualification domain. In this domain, we leverage best in class geospatial and address management software combined with rules engine software to determine product availability over multiple wireline and wireless network technologies across Canada.
Job duties / accountabilities
- Develop conceptual solutions and high level direction for the delivery team to meet incoming business requirements
- Lead the team to deliver high level cost estimates for new projects
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Business Analyst team
- Continuously evolve and improve tools, processes, and approaches to software delivery.
- Work with Agile teams and with hybrid project methodologies
- Consult with sponsors, subject matter experts, technical advisors, and end business users to determine business and system requirements.
- Oversee the lifecycle of system requirements, from planning estimations to requirement definition through to testing and user acceptance.
- Lead or participate in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with design experts to create sustainable error proof IT solutions that meet complex business requirements.
- Develop or oversee creation of specification documents, diagrams, flowcharts, test plans, test cases and other artifacts that enable successful development and test activities along with a transparent view of project information for stakeholders.
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture and solution primes to ensure each project delivers the best possible solutions with continued progress towards roadmaps and target architecture.
- Review and provide feedback on development deliverables, including system design specifications, interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and conceptual solutions.
- Support the project team to deal with challenges and defect resolution during construction and test activities.
- Oversee comprehensive functional and regression test cases based on requirements and design deliverables. Drive for testing that pushes beyond the documented scope to ensure solution robustness and achieve test mechanization wherever possible.
- Oversee testing of solution functionality.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and the software development teams.
Essential skills / competencies:
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment; who loves to learn about emerging technologies; and who continuously pursues best practices for delivering outstanding software solutions on time and on budget. The successful candidate will also have a relentless pursuit of excellence; will be passionate about the success of client’s Business Markets; and will value working in a diverse collaborative team environment.
The following skills and competencies are essential for the position:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or similar formal educational background.
- 5+ years of related experience delivering scalable enterprise systems preferably as a business analyst, technical advisor, or project manager
- Proven leadership, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with an exceptional ability for time management, task prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Able to work under pressure, either autonomously or with others within a multi-domain team environment.
- Strong technical writing skills (ability to write clearly and concisely).
- Strong trouble shooting skills (ability to uncover issues rapidly and provide resolution).
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable with a high tolerance for ambiguity and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong aptitude for understanding information technology systems.
- Ability to build bridges with technical and non-technical teams.
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong time-management skills.
Preferred skills / competencies:
Job duties will be customized based on the successful candidate’s experience, strengths, and developmental goals. Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an asset to the team, but are not essential requirements to be successful in the position. The following areas also represent development opportunities that come with this position and with working in the qualification domain.
- Experience with SOAP and REST Web Services, as well as exposure to Web Service clients such as SOAP UI or JMeter.
- Experience with UML or equivalent concepts and creating flow charts and diagrams.
- Experience with the client’s Business Markets product portfolio
- Experience with network planning and provisioning
- Experience with provisioning systems and telecom networks
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Experience with the Pitney Bowes Spectrum platform
- Experience with address data sources and conventions
- Experience with IBM’s Operational Decision Manager (ODM), similar rules engines, or experience implementing complex business rules
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Sybase and experience with PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines, or engage in occasional overnight deployment activities
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Full time teleworking is not an option.