This job is open to Ottawa, Mississauga, Verdun and the Maritimes.
What city within the Maritimes is this role open to?
If in the Maritimes preferably Halifax, NS but might consider Saint John, NB
The job title states Junior Program Analyst, but the duties and requirements speak to more of a Project Coordinator role. Is the manager looking for a Project Coordinator?
We’re looking for what it states. We are the Program Management Office. We need someone to assist with our program support. It is not Project specific.
The duties, job title, and responsibilities speaks to a junior position. However, the rate stated is usually for a more intermediate to senior resource.
How many years of experience is the manager looking for in the candidate?
We would prefer spending less the maximum rte stated. We would be willing to consider junior to intermediate resources, but the intermediate resources and accompanying rate would really depend on the resource's experience.
What is PEATS and PORT? Google doesn’t give much information on these technologies..
They are client applications. Not sure if they are client specific or not (ie- if other companies are using them), but if they have to Google what PEATS and PORT are, they don’t have the experience.
What is considered basic accounting knowledge (eg. Balance sheet, ledgers, etc)?
Cost workbooks, knowledge of targets, pressures vs favourability, etc.
When is the manager looking to conduct interviews for this role?
The Program Management Office in the IT–Field, Security & Network team and the IT- Corporate team is looking for a highly motivated individual, who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment to fulfil an IT Junior Program Analyst role.
Position OverviewThe chosen candidate will support PMO to deliver on monthly financial reporting and governance processes. To fulfil this position, the chosen candidate must have strong communication and analytical skills and business acumen.
This role includes but is not limited to the following activities:
- Ensure all resources under VP adhere to policies and timelines with respect to monthly time reporting. Identify disconnects in results and address with resources to ensure compliance.
- Support other Program Managers during times of absence.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to secure and manage funding and operate within Bell’s governance processes through the entire project lifecycle.
- Partner, assist and/or lead work on special assignments.
Level of Experience and Education Required:
- A post-secondary degree in finance with a business focus, and/or a business degree
- Awareness or understanding of Project Management lifecycle.
- Preference for candidates with:
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level applications PEATS, PORT, SAP, Ariba, etc.
- Basic accounting knowledge
Essential skills / competencies:
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- High level of computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools particularly Excel.
- Team player; ability to work within a multi-domain team environment.
- Be self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving and with the ability to self-manage tasks to completion within structured timelines.
- Strong communication both written and verbal.
Preferred skills / competencies:
- Bilingualism is an asset (English, French).
Job Location: Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic Provinces