Top 3 skills
- Will be working WEB for TSN, BELLMEDIA, RDS - sports channel
- potential for an extension after 12months and even poss. of perm hiring for excellent candidate
- can eventually work remote 1 to 2 days a week once they are fully trained.
To support its growth, client is looking for a frontend developer to join the development team for the implementation of sports oriented, promotional and transactional websites and mobile applications owned by client (RDS, TSN and more). The candidate will participate in the development of a web platform allowing reusability of components on many brands in a multidisciplinary team.
The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development (web, application software, mobile) initiatives.
- Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Work with the backend development team to find innovative solutions;
- Bring solutions to problems related to cross-platform display;
- Work with the designers team to respect their guidelines;
- Work with the user experience team to make sure we deliver the best possible experience, aligned with the business objectives;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests (Cypress, Selenium);
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
- Respect the established processes and try to improve them.
- DEC in multimedia or equivalent;
- 5 years of experience in frontend development;
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe CS;
- Analytical skills, ability to conceptualize;
- Working knowledge of a templating engine (Velocity, Twig, etc.);
- Working knowledge of a versioning tool (git, svn);
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Kanban, Confluence, Fish Eyes, Green hoper);
- Agile methodology, Scrum;
- Experience to work in a Java environment;
- Working knowledge of social web, navigation standards and issues related to SEO
- Team spirit;
- Flexible, meticulous and resourceful;
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several competitive products simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively within a national organization