Top 3 skills:
- will be working on JAVA WEB devel for sports channel TSN and RDS.
- possibility of extension after one year and even poss. of PERM hiring for excellent candidate
To support its growth, client is looking for a Java web developer to join the development team for the implementation of promotional and transactional websites and mobile applications owned by client (TV, iHeartRadio, RDS, TSN, CTV News, and more). The candidate will participate in the development of a web platform allowing reusability of components on many brands in a multidisciplinary team.
The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development (web, application software, mobile) initiatives.
- Participate in the analysis and design of new features.
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones.
- Develop and maintain Java standards;
- Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Work with the front-end development team to find innovative solutions;
- Work with the user experience team to make sure we deliver the best possible experience, aligned with the business objectives;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
- Respect the established processes and try to improve them.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5 years of experience in java development;
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Experience in OOP languages;
- Excellent working knowledge of Java, Maven, XML, AJAX, JSON, HTML5;
- Analytical skills, ability to conceptualize;
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day to day work and take appropriate actions.
- Working knowledge of a templating engine (Velocity, Twig, etc.);
- Working knowledge of a versioning tool (git);
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confsluence, Fish Eyes);
- Agile methodology, Scrum;
- Experience to work in a Java environment;
- Working knowledge of social web, navigation standards and issues related to SEO
- Team spirit;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, at the same time fun and possess a good sense of humour;
- Flexible, meticulous and resourceful;
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several competitive products simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively within a national organization;
- Bilingual (English and French).