Top skills must be seen on the resume
- REST APIs
Any testing in interviews? If so please provide details - Yes, reserve an afternoon for a technical test.
What types of projects will this candidate be working on?
Roku/Apple In-App Purchase systems
- Content Management / Shareability systems
- User Management systems
Typical hours worked - 9 to 5
Why has this position arisen, backfill? New project kickoff in late summer.
Any potential to hire Full time? Yes in the event of necessary backfills
Flex hours, possible to work from remote? No
The client is a truly Canadian company with over 136 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees. If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team. The client is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of client’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
To support its growth, they are looking for a Java software engineer to join the development team for the implementation of promotional and transactional websites and mobile applications owned by client (TV, Radio, RDS, TSN, CTV News, and more). The candidate will participate in the development of a web platform allowing reusability of components on many brands in a multidisciplinary team.The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development (web, application software, mobile) initiatives.
- Participate in the analysis, design, and development of new data driven Web Services;
- Participate in the upkeep and maintenance of existing Web Services;
- Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Work with the infrastructure team to find innovative solutions and deliver value;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 5 years of experience in java development;
- 3 years of experience with NoSQL databases (CouchDB, MongoDB)
- 2 years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture or Micro-Services (APIs and SDKs)
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Experience in OOP and design patterns;
- Experience with Spring Boot;
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Tomcat, Nginx, Nexus;
- Experience with Docker, Gitlab, RabbitMQ, Redis,
- Agile methodology, Scrum;
- Autonomy and an ability to learn are critical to being part of the team;
- Gifted thinker who is extremely resourceful, pays attention to detail and is proactive;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good sense of humour;
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities;
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience with high volume data processing (Kafka, Hadoop, Elastic)