Under the supervision of the Datacenter manager, the Senior Technical Analyst evolve within a small multidisciplinary team that supports the infrastructure of two data centers including about 200 servers that serve internal services and websites . More specifically, the candidate must have a strong knowledge of Vmare, Storage, Windows 2012 and 2016 , the concepts of redundancy and high availability. He will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining the Datacenter.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administration and monitoring of infrastructure : servers , network, storage and services tcp / ip
• Assist the development and QA teams in their system needs
• Perform technical support level 2 & 3
• Backup management, restore, security and access
• Capacity management, events management and problems management
• Advisor to optimize the performance and cost
• Advisor and technical expert for defining IT strategies for data centers
• Perform / participate in IT projects , design, acquisition , installation, new technology
• Maintain the CMDB and technical documentation for Canada
• Other duties related to Computers
• Provide 24/7 support service rotation within the team
• Daily interaction with departmental
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Understanding of warehousing and distribution
• Strong understanding of network topology
• Ability presentation and written and verbal communication in French and English
• Application of good practices : SOX , PCI , PII
• Project management and organization skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Strong analytical skills
• Motivated positive attitude
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort.
• Travel required.
• May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in computer operations, or an equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
• Very extensive knowledge of VMware DRS , and HA cluster is mandatory
• DataProtector / backup restore expertise
• Storage configuration and optimization of SAN 3 -PAR LEFTHAND , EVA remote copy and failover
• MCP or understanding of Windows 2008 and 2012 Active Directory, LDAP
• HP Server
• Recovery and failover concepts
• Understanding storage and distribution
• Networking , Cisco, VLAN , Lan extension L2 / L3 / QoS , Load Balancing