We are looking for a contractor for help progress finance transformation initiative in first half of next year. Opportunity to re-contract after June 30 as well, but looking to bring two resources on board for 6 months then reassess where we're at.
3 Top skills must be seen on the resume
- Project management/Transformation experience
- Organization and poise in dealing with many objectives and many stakeholders
- Understanding of Finance processes and systems
This role is comparable to Senior Manager or maybe less experienced Director
Testing in interviews – not really, maybe a logic question or something but nothing too intense
What types of projects will this candidate be working on – Finance Transformation – improving efficiency and effectiveness of overall Finance function through centralization of like services, automation through technology, and reducing handoffs/inefficiencies
Typical hours worked – 40 hours/week, sometimes more
Why has this position arisen - Looking to reduce reliance on KPMG resources next year as they can be more expensive, looking for contractors that have potential to supplant and therefore save money (enabling me to hit my budget for 2021 and still accomplish my objectives)
Any potential to hire Full time – potentially
Flex hours, possible to work from remote? We’re all remote at the moment so no problem with that.
Flex hours – Not fussed if an 8 or 9 start time etc but is really dependent on workload for the week and when the meetings are
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team. Our Finance organization includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
We are looking for someone to fill the role of the Senior Manager, Finance Transformation. This is a role that will help to support the overall project delivery of transforming our Finance organization to meet the future needs of our business. As part of this role, you will be responsible for building relationships with senior leadership across the finance organization, developing and facilitating the implementation of the future state operating model and supporting the adoption of a diverse portfolio of strategic and transformative change initiatives within the Finance Transformation program.
- Act as a liaison between finance teams and leadership, identifying areas for change and desired future mode of operation
- Produce fulsome blueprints for future state operating model for key finance functions; blueprints will include but not be limited to org design, accountability and work rationalization
- Develop and execute plan for future state operating model to successfully deliver the shifts in mindsets and behaviours required to achieve Finance’s transformational change objectives
- Drive actionable and targeted workstream deliverables including: stakeholder assessments and engagements plans; summary of current operations and opportunities to simplify processes, identification of opportunities for automation, design blueprints for future state operations, training needs analysis and training strategies.
- Work collaboratively with project and program managers and other members of the program team, to ensure key target operating model deliverables are aligned with change management initiatives and data & technology enablers
- Provide coaching to Senior Leaders who are change sponsors and champions on the principles of transformation and align on future processes and appropriate homes for work
- Degree in business/finance/accounting or organizational change management related discipline
- Well versed in finance transformation and process improvement principles
- Proven experience leading projects from initial vision setting to post implementation change sustainability
- Excellent communicator and effective leader with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with senior leaders
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- Self starter with high degree of initiative and energy level
- Ability to analyze results, identify underlying business trends and develop recommendations for future actions in conjunction with key stakeholders