3 Top skills must be seen on the resume
- development and maintenance of editorial standards and guidelines manage
- English and French web/mobile content
- support team in plain language writing and editing
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience as an editor, preferably for a variety content formats in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- Post-secondary degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Creative Writing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French an asset).
- Demonstrated skills in plain language editing.
- Capability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
- Detail-oriented, organized and comfortable managing multiple streams of source material and feedback
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive when quick turnarounds are required
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style
Any testing in interviews? If so please provide details – Yes, there will be an editing assignment prior to the first interview
What types of projects will this candidate be working on? Developing editorial standards and coaching the team on using them, editing the work of team members, content rewrites
Typical hours worked? 9 – 5, Mon – Fri
Why has this position arisen, backfill? New role
Any potential to hire Full time? Yes
Flex hours, possible to work from remote? Occasional remote work (1 – 2 days a week) once we return to the office post Covid.
The Channel Communications Specialist – Quality and Editorial Standards Consultant supports the development and maintenance of editorial standards and guidelines to ensure a consistent and customer-friendly tone and voice for Channel Communications.
This role will manage English and French web/mobile content, support the Channel Communications team in plain language writing and editing, and assist with projects like content rewrites and new content development.
The Channel Communications Quality and Editorial Standards Consultant provides stewardship and support to the Channel Communications Team on new and emerging processes, standards, project assessments and elements of content strategy.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines, strong attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal skills. They will also stay up-to-date on current trends in communication design, information design, editing and translation, and have experience helping to establish an overall content quality strategy for both English and French content.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Establishing standards & process management
- Maintain tone and editorial standards for the Channel Communications team across web/mobile content.
- Ensure the Bell voice and brand standards, and best practices are applied and consistent.
- Lead the maintenance and refinement of the processes, methodology and standards for content development within Channel Communications.
- Champion accessibility and readability.
- Take an active role in identifying and recommending future content improvements through an understanding of industry best practices.
- Contribute to the development of a content strategy as part of the overall sales agent experience.
- Relationship management
- Work closely with business content owners to write, edit and translate reference and communications materials as required.
- Work directly with a team of authors and translators, and support them in creating content that is fully optimized and accessible, with a consistent tone and voice.
- Support the editorial and translation component of usability research and testing.
- Build relationships with business content owners to help the business develop a deeper understanding of and appreciation for the value of creating quality content.
- Participate on projects as a subject matter expert by assessing editorial and translation requirements, estimating work effort, providing guidance to authors and translators and doing initial copy reviews as required.
- Work cooperatively with project team members during project design and implementation process.
- Support the coordination of editing, translation and French editorial review.
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross-disciplinary project teams to design content based on user requirements and business goals.
- Share expertise, knowledge and information about editing, translation and information design with teammates.
- Manage terminology for projects and day-to-day work.