- Strong working knowledge and experience with networking technology and concepts
- Juniper certification (JNCIA or JNSEC), and or working experience with SRX line
- Scripting experience for automation of provisioning and monitoring tasks
Note: Candidates may be asked to attend a technical interview after first round.
Projects: Supporting remote lab access infrastructure, building better access infrastructure
7.5 working hours per day, M-F Following orientation, hours flexible within 8am to 6pm EST zone.
This position is largely driven by our technology response to the COVID crisis
Work will be primarily remote with occasional on-site work in downtown Ottawa
Our Video Innovation Centre is currently looking to fill a position in our Managed TV technology team. A successful candidate will possess demonstrable skills and experience in network technology, basic routing and switching, automation scripting, and ideally, knowledge of the Juniper product line. This role will challenge you in many ways, and will rely on all of your current skills in order to develop new skills in system integration, service prototyping, software development, data analysis, and verification. This role will require you to collaborate frequently with your teammates, interface with our laboratory client teams to document and communicate issues to our vendors, and to present the results and recommendations to the broader team.
The lab environment in which you will work consists of an end-to-end video architecture, starting with a head-end that distributes video content through multiple video serving offices and all the way to a customer’s home. The position is remote at this time, but we are looking for someone living in Ottawa (preferred), or with the willingness to relocate to Ottawa (should COVID restrictions allow a return to the office in 2021).
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of next-generation video technology, and the networking infrastructure that supports our customers in the FibeTv production environment.
- Normal Working hours: 37.5 hours per week between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
- Working location: Ottawa, ON (Remote telework required until further notice) Responsibilities
- Configure and provision firewalls, switches and client gear for a remotely-deployed IPTV subscriber installation.
- Detect, triage, and troubleshoot network or system troubles within deployed customer gear, and supporting network through to backend distribution platform
- Develop automated solutions for manual work tasks to continuously optimize workflow
- Collaborate daily with system teams and manage multiple tasks in prioritized order
- Generate detailed problem reports, changes requests, and enhancement proposals
- Document and communicate testing results
- Perform quality control on the automation collateral to ensure peak efficiency, and optimal testing coverage
Skill & Experience Requirements
- A successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual who knows how to take the initiative in learning new things, and must be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Required: Graduate of a post-secondary program majoring in Networking Technology discipline (Engineer/Technician/Technologist), or demonstrable equivalent work experience.
- Required: The ability to systematically troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis when anomalous behaviour is observed
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (French proficiency is beneficial)
- Required: A strong desire to learn new things and expand your skills
- Required: A strong desire to pursue self-directed learning and education opportunities
- Juniper experience/certification is highly desirable for this role, (JNCIA or JNSEC), SRX configuration and management experience is ideal
- Highly Beneficial: Work experience scripting in Python, or a similar high-level language
- Beneficial: Work experience with IP stack, Wireshark, Linux, MPLS, VPLS, l2circuits, IPSEC, GIT, python3, and BASH.
- Beneficial: Understanding of DNS, DHCP, Home Networking devices, Firewalls, & Proxies
- Beneficial: Experience with hardware and software integration, verification testing, quality assurance and/or system testing.