3 Top skills must be seen on the resume
attention to detail
ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, good verbal/written communications skills.
This is an Intermediate role/ No testing in interviews
What types of projects will this candidate be working on – Day to day operations within the Atlantic Network Operations Centre. Monitoring and responding to network alarms.
Typical hours worked – 8 hr day’s – 8am
Why has this position arisen, backfill? Vacation backfill and reduction in resource pool due to recent retirements
Any potential to hire Full time - No
Flex hours, possible to work from remote - No Flex hours, possibility to work from home due to COVID restrictions.
Network Technicians are employees engaged in the testing, commissioning, operation, maintenance, repair, and surveillance of network related equipment, cellular and radio sites, and a variety of related equipment including hardware, software, equipment on customer premises and other associated equipment.
Successful completion of either an electrical/electronic engineering or computer technology program at a recognized technical training institute or a university science degree in engineering, computers or other relevant field.
Currently holds a recognized IT industry network Qualification such as Cisco (CCENT or higher), CompTIA Network+ Qualification, or equivalent.
Ability Requirements of the Position
- Climb poles on a daily basis (using ladders, spurs and other tools)
- Good colour vision
- Lift heavy equipment
- Sitting for long periods of time, wearing a headset, working with a computer and using a 10 button telephone set, simultaneously
- Travel over rough terrain
- Work effectively aloft
- Analytical skills
- Communications skills: verbal and written
- Computer skills - Email: Outlook and MSN, Intranet/Internet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Interpersonal skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Multi-task skills (i.e. think/listen/type and think/talk/type)
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Flying in helicopters and fixed wing aircraft to remote locations and oil rigs may be required
- Travel using various modes of transportation in all kinds of weather
- Valid Driver's License