This is a junior-intermediate role.
Top skills needed
- System Administration (Linux)
- Network Architecture
- Software Development
Since it is remote during Covid, are you open to receiving people from Toronto, Ottawa , Maritimes etc? Yes
The Security Operation Centre (SOC) is looking for a Technical DevOps Specialist to develop, maintain, implement and support the Infrastructure-as-Code platform for its Secure-SDLC & Secrets Management toolset. This is a key role in the successful deployment of the Product Security Initiative to meet Enterprise Security Controls.
The Technical Specialist will assist in designing, architecting, coding and building Infra-as-Code for an Hybrid Cloud platform. This person will have a strong understanding of Software Development, Automation, and Orchestration Technologies. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience working as a software engineer. You will be an automation master and you are familiar with deployment tools such as Gitlab, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Plan, design, implement, deliver, and support the various infrastructure platforms for production and non-production environments
- Provide support during various operations such as deployment and general application operations
- Develop integration mechanisms (methods, tools, scripts, documents, etc.) for specific capabilities in specific environments.
- Collaborate actively with development teams to install, adapt and improve integration mechanisms
- Collaborate with developers to establish and ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Apply experience of DevOps best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes
- Support development teams at technical level enabling them to adapt to changing contexts and tool evolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant, engineering experience in a large enterprise environment
- 2+ years experience with Cloud based Infra-as-Code
- 2+ years experience with OpenStack, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with network architecture components and technologies (Firewalls, Routing, Load-balancing, Proxies, etc.)
- Experience with Security architecture components and technologies (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SSL Certificates, PKI, etc.)
- Familiar with RHEL and Windows Server O/S
- Familiar with DevOps Pipeline CI/CD implementation tools (Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, etc.)
- Comfortable designing, implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and private/public cloud multi-tenant environment
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift or other container infrastructure
- Knowledge of Agile, Kanban and Scrum methodologiesKnowledge of project management, collaboration and issue tracking tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite