- Senior Python developer ( 3+ years python, 5+ years overall)
- CI/CD (GitLab) knowledge
- Container technology : Kubernete
- not necessary to be bilingual
Our client does more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – they’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, they want you on theirteam.
Our client is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services their customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, their Network team is the right place for you.
Their Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of their fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.The service they provide is the foundation of our client’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving their goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
If innovation, vision and skills are your strength then they have the right opportunity for you. If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then they want you to join their team.
The Network Cloud Infrastructure & Services team is responsible for building, maintaining and operating client's Network Infrastructure. They enable the Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications.
At the forefront of our transformation, their team is responsible for the development and operations the network automation platform supporting client’s SDN and NFV network strategy. As a Software developer, you will design, build and maintain scalable and resilient software environments, lead the evolution of their continuous integration/continuous deployment infrastructure, as well as ensuring daily platform availability and operations that will support our vision towards an automated, self-optimized and self-healed network.
- Design, code, test and deliver the services and functions with production quality.
- Contribute to implement good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), static code analysis, test automation (TDD), etc.
- Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts.
- Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
- at least 3 years of python programming experience in a professional environment.
- at least 5 years of overall object-oriented programming experience in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in solution and software architecture
- Proficiency in building and running apps within Docker.
- Strong experience delivering and operating large, distributed, and resilient (micro-services) software systems.
- Experience in CI/CD implementations (e.g. Git, Jenkins, GoCD, GitLAB, Nexus, Artifactory) to develop the fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour.
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities.
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities.
Additional Competencies and Assets:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies and models (ONAP, Opendaylight, Openstack, YANG, TOSCA, HEAT, Netconf/RESTconf, BGP, IPv6).
- Experience with Linux administration and tuning (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL).
- Proficiency in Shell and Go.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.