Top 3 skills needed
- Multiple years of experience in operating, selection, and designing a wide variety of security software/solutions
- Experience dealing with product selection and testing (technical: criteria’s, Poc, tech hands-on, tech eval) as well as business (vendor relationship, project planning, costing, presenting to stakeholders)
- Understanding of REST api, automation, public cloud. Hands-on experience with 1 cloud providers. Understanding of devops.
Location: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa or surrounding
Bilingual? Not important
Your main role is to support the mid and long-term evolution of our technological architecture plan, by focusing on evaluating, both on the business and technical side, new and emerging security centric technologies and products. You’ll be involved in technical discussions and decisions with senior security architects and asset owners. An agile and incremental approach is essential to deliver flawlessly this security environment.
Candidates must be self motivated, open minded and a passion for creativity. The successful candidate will partner closely with other security architects and specialist internally.
- Work with Senior Security Architects to perform technical and business level analysis of technology landscape in multiple areas of security, touching multiple fields (PaaS and SaaS in particular) and emerging technologies and products
- Support the selection of vendors to shortlist, perform an assessment of test cases, scenarios and suitable features based on discussions with Architects
- Lead and support targeted POCs to support business cases
- Build financial/costing estimates as well as evaluate the maturity of the field to support the technology roadmap of client
- Prepare tentative deployment plans, timelines to support future/planned projects
Key areas in 2021-2022:
- Security Analytics
- Deception technology
- Breach and Attack Simulation
- Risk based vulnerability
- 8+ years of cyber security experience, including 2+ years of experience supporting the selection of new technologies in Security or related areas
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of security technologies in multiple areas, including SIEM, active defenses, threat detection, web protection, vulnerability management, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux/Unix, Windows, scripting (REST API, Bash, PowerShell, Ansible), SQL, LDAP, and API. Python experience, as well as understanding how to interact and evaluate REST API is highly suitable.
- Experience interacting with SaaS as well as public cloud. Working knowledge of at least one of the top3 cloud providers.
- Demonstrated experience in building Business case and financial evaluation, as well as presenting findings to leadership
- Experience with networking and security devices such as Firewalls, NAT devices and other security controls
- Knowledge of SOC operations and incident response
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development life cycle, DevOps, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents.
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Ability to manage time and priorities across multiple projects and duties
- Excellent synthesis and analysis capacity
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset