* The resource can be located in Montreal or Toronto.
* Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English
* Permanence is a possibility
* The manager is looking for someone with experience in large banks, and with knowledge of screening - such as FinScan or Fircosoft technology.
Understands business needs, manages ongoing modeling, bridges IT-business.
- Manage the design, implementation and ongoing evolution of our filtering models
- Explore large volumes of data and test different modeling approaches to build successful filtering models.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the data used for modeling purposes
- Recommend approaches to optimize detection and reduce false alarms.
- Identify, develop and document relevant variables according to business needs.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and present results in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders and act in solution mode.
- Very good ability to popularize and communicate complex information.
- Expertise in fighting financial crime and managing international sanctions.
- Bachelor's degree and six years experience; or Master's degree and four years experience in a related field
- Good knowledge or ability to quickly understand the activities and risks associated with the business processes under your responsibility
- Experience in modeling
- Process improvement and change management skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize multiple activities and stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience in compliance or auditing is an asset