Top 3 Skills:
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails software development
- Professional experience with development technologies and processes: Agile development (Scrum, Kanban), GiT source control, JIRA issue management, Docker/Kubernetes, TestRail test management platform, (bonus points: iOS app development on Mac platform)
- Experience developing automated test harnesses on an Appium-based framework, using Page Object Model (for iOS and Android).
- Professional experience developing Selenium automation with POM would be sufficient.
- Remote work assignment until client returns to the office in downtown Ottawa (relocation required)
- Must have fast, reliable, unlimited internet connection, we require that candidates interview using the connection they will be using for the remote work assignment.
Our client delivers our premium FibeTV service over a managed fiber-optic broadcast network using an advanced IPTV platform. client’s Video Technology team is responsible for on-going integration, testing and support of all aspects of the FibeTV product suite. The team is currently looking to fill a junior developer position to assist with our automated testing platform.
A successful candidate will participate in developing automation strategies and test automation software for interoperability testing, performance testing, and user-experience verification. This role will require you to collaborate with other VT teams to analyze requirements, develop E2E automation workflows, deploy technology solutions, build integrations between automation platforms and our CI/CD pipeline, and communicate issues to vendor support teams.
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to many aspects of next-generation video technology in addition to experience with software development, quality assurance, data analysis, and teamwork.
Our client is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience with the following capabilities:
- Required: Professional work experience on Ruby/Rails projects is ideal. A strong Python background will suffice if strong leadership and initiative are traits you possess
- Required: A desire to pursue broader technology expertise through continuous learning
- Required: Experience within an Agile/Scrum delivery workflow
- Required: Working experience with GiT version control
- Experience with any on the following technologies and methodologies would be beneficial:
- Highly Desirable: Experience developing mobile automation scripts using Appium and the Page Object Model development paradigm (significant Selenium experience with POM would be applicable if Appium experience lacking).
- Previous experience developing iOS applications (or automated iOS testing) would be a very beneficial asset.
- Working knowledge of Docker containerization technology
- Strong ability to systematically troubleshoot and perform root-cause analysis
- Working experience with Wireshark, Docker, GIT, Android OS, Atlassian Jira and Confluence (or other requirement/ defect management software), JSON, LUA, REST APIs
- Knowledge of / experience with hardware and software integration, verification testing, quality assurance and system testing
- Graduate degree or certificate in software engineering or computer science
- Required: Fluent in English (Written, Spoken)
- Beneficial, but not required: Bilingual French proficiency (Written, Spoken)