Top 3 skills needed:
- Management of K8s + linux infrastructure
- Automation through GitOps or something similar
- Ability to adapt in a complex environment including a lot of unknowns
Since it is remote during Covid, are you open to receiving people from Toronto, Ottawa , Maritimes etc? Yes
Bilingual? Not required
- 8 people in the devops team
- Openshift on premise for now, looking to leverage a public cloud (not chosen right now) in the next 6 months
- If possible yes, maybe 2 days a week either downtown montreal or creekbank office in toronto
At client, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the team.
The client is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Network team is on a journey to transform how client delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy client services.
At the heart of this transformation is the Network Cloud Infrastructure and Services team. Our vision: Be recognized by tenants as the simplest, most reliable and adaptable cloud. Nothing less! We are on a mission to enable the Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications by providing self-serve, on-demand, reliable and secure cloud services, while supporting them on their journey.
We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior manager
- If you love…Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in team building activities
- Building new systems; you will shape and construct a new digital web application and experience
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best product
- DevOps; we are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Continuous improvement; our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework to deliver in shorter cycles, adjust according to our tenants needs and continuously improve.
And you want to…
- Sharpen your development skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources and without limitations
- Embody and advocate a culture of quality code development
- Paint the path to services implementation through elegant architecture
- Contribute to an on-demand and self-serve organisation
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experiences
- Put the interest of the team first
…then we want to get to know you!
- Implement and operate a PaaS based on Kubernetes on premise
- Technology exploration with focus on the cloud-native ecosystem evolution
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog posts, sample code, and presentations adapted to technical teams
- Automate all manual tasks using Ansible/Terraform and similar tools
- Scan the industry to ensure technical sharpness and provide recommendation around technology evolution
- Find, deploy, enhance or build K8S based operator to support our customer by providing self-serve application deployment. (ex: Prometheus operator, MongoDB, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT infrastructure, system administration or software development
- Real production experience with Kubernetes
- Familiar with Python, Bash and Ansible
- Knowledge of wide range of application required by software to operate and deploy in a K8S cluster (database, code tracing, logging, monitoring etc.)
- Knowledge of GitOps and Infra as code approaches
- Good understanding of IT technologies (cloud architecture, micro services, automation, programming) and practices (DevOps, CI/CD, OO, TDD).
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
- Linux or Kubernetes certification
- Operator framework knowledge
- Very familiar with GitOps and the Infra as code approaches
- K8s templating (helm, kustomize, jinja2)
- K8S CNI and CSI knowledge
- Basic network understanding (DNS, IPV6, NAT)
- Wireless core and RAN knowledge an asset
- Basic skill in OOP programing language
- Go programming language experience
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.