French required, English an asset,
Remote work for now, back to the office eventually
To be a Data Designer in the cross-functional technology team is to :
- Acting as a reference expert in all aspects of technical integration of Kafka Confluent components
- Transforming and optimizing data flows in an event-driven context
- Assessing the impact on existing applications and making recommendations in this regard.
- Build strong relationships with IT and business partners
- Stay abreast of new industry trends and understand how to optimize features for future updates
- Be a guardian of best practices
- Develop secure, scalable and highly available data integration solutions using Confluent Kafka.
- Understand technical components and application architecture to conceptualize API services or other software deliverables, including data flow implementations.
- Be able to discuss technical choices and review pull requests with your fellow developers and architects.
- Create the flow and sequence of events in the integration of the solution between applications.
- Assist in defining and reviewing the technical requirements of the application including security, integration, performance and quality.
- Create conditions, scenarios for testing
Being a Data Designer on the cross-functional technology team requires:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, English and French
- Ability to manage priorities
- Strong analytical skills, rigor and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good ability to propose alternative solutions;
- Experience with the Kafka platform (Kafka, Kafka Connect, Schema Registry, Kafka Streams ...)
- Experience in real-time data integration in an event-driven context
- Knowledge of software engineering and DevSecOps best practices
- Good knowledge of computer systems (application, infrastructure, database, file transfer, etc.);
- Knowledge of Java, Python, JSON, AVRO
- Knowledge of collaborative work tools: Jira, Confluence, MS Office365;
- Knowledge of initiative and operations management methodologies: Agile (Scrum, Kanban), SAFe, or other;
- Understanding of the delivery cycle/life cycle of incident and problem management, desirable;
- Bachelor's degree related to the industry and six years of relevant experience OR Master's degree related to the industry and four years of relevant experience;
- IT experience, application management (change, maintenance, evolution)