Work from home - yes until client settles on future work arrangements
37.5 hrs/ week
Day to day - Support the Service Wireless Finance team, assisting on forecasting/planning and working with internal team members and marketing/pricing team.
3 top functions of the contractor -
- assist with the knowledge transfer,
- forecasting documentation
- and various other analysis.
What will the contractor need to deliver in their initial 1–6 months? – Various support while we transition to a permanent employee
What are the top 3 skills sets? analytical, accounting background and attention to detail
Which qualifications are essential? accounting background/ ideal candidate – someone with forecasting, planning & analysis background in an organization similar in size to client. Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
Potential to hire full time
no testing in interviews
The client’s Wireless Finance team is responsible for financial planning and reporting activities and supports both the Wireless and the Finance executive teams. The Manager, Wireless Finance will be a key member of the Wireless Finance team, and will be reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Wireless Finance. This role includes supporting the build of the short term and long-term forecasts of wireless service revenues representing roughly 20% of the corporation’s annual operating revenue. The role also includes analyzing key wireless metrics, as well as developing enhanced, value added financial analysis and insight to help drive improved financial and business performance. In order to do this, the candidate will work closely with the business to understand and evaluate key business trends and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial forecasts. This role also includes analyzing big data to identify revenue leakage risk/issues, assisting in preparing value added and influential analysis to help drive revenue and EBITDA opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to have an accounting and finance background, possess strong analytical and technical skills and a clear ability to identify key business trends and issues. The candidate will also have strong communication skills to build relationships at various levels of the organization and the ability to present to senior executives. In addition, the candidate will be a self-starter that is able to work independently or in a group environment to complete specified tasks under tight deadlines within a fast-paced working environment.
- Prime in developing, forecasting and modeling in-month and long-range wireless services revenues and various subscriber items
- Leverage statistic and data mining skills and use visualization tools to analyze results by understanding business initiatives and seasonal drivers. Preparation of value added revenue forecasting and EBITDA opportunity analyses.
- Present key findings relating to service revenue and monthly recurring charges to senior executives via concise and formal PowerPoint presentations
- Be a subject matter expert of IFRS 15, to ensure financial impacts are captured and presented in the long-range forecasts.
- Monthly results analysis based on strong grasp of business initiatives, pricing and seasonal drivers.
- Provide financial knowledge, ad-hoc reports, and participate in various Wireless projects impacting the billing system and post-paid revenue
- Work with the business to identify/validate key business assumptions and incorporate them into the monthly outlook/forecasts and the annual budget.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in a finance role, with a reporting/ planning focus
- An accounting designation or working towards a designation (CPA or CA)
- Experience presenting to organizational stakeholders and senior management teams (including building executive level presentations)
- Strong financial systems knowledge of SAP, Business Intelligence “BI”, BPC, IBM Cognos, Micro-strategy, SQL, Teradata and SAS
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to present to senior management
- Strong technical and analytical skills including rate/volume variance analysis as well as the ability to manipulate and synthesize large amounts of data in order to identify business drivers and growth opportunities
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze numbers for accuracy and reasonableness
- Excellent Excel & Powerpoint skills to produce concise presentations leveraging charts and graphs
- Ability to partner with cross-functional operational and finance teams
- Ability to streamline processes to improve both speed and accuracy of reporting and planning
- Strong leader with the ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and be resourceful and pro-active