Work from home - Yes, details not 100% confirmed at this point but the expectation would be 2-3 days in the office starting Sept – Dec roughly
Day to day - Contractor will work on marketing strategies and campaigns to help increase video on demand revenue. This will include deciding which customers to target, which types of movies or pay-per-view events to promote to the customer and to encourage more customers to enter the video on demand storefront.
3 top functions -
- Marketing campaigns,
- measuring results,
- managing studio relationships
1-3 months learn about client and PPV/VOD space, become expert on marketing campaigns, in 3-6 months begin learning about results and how to incorporate learnings into marketing campaigns.
Top skills -
- Attention to detail,
- cross functional team management,
- relationship management
The ideal candidate is someone who is a recent graduate or has had 1-2 years of marketing experience (intern or coop is okay) who is curious to learn about the telecommunication industry and has a drive to develop their marketing skillset
Excel testing in interviews
Hire full time - Not in this role but they will get a lot of cross functional experience in this role so there will be opportunities to get full time positions within the department or from other departments based on their performance
The Base Marketing Team develops strategy and manages the implementation of marketing campaigns to deliver against revenue and subscriber targets for the Internet, Home Phone and Television portfolios, including our hero product – Fibe TV.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, TV Base Marketing, and will work cross-functionally with partners throughout the Residential Services organization including: Product Development, Marketing Communications, Online/cleint website, Take to Market/Channel, Integrated Marketing Scientifics (IMS), Programming and Media Affiliates. We are looking for a strategic thinker who works well in a fast paced environment, is well versed in the principles of marketing, passionate about learning, and possesses strong interpersonal, analytical, and negotiating skills.
As the VOD/PPV Marketing Specialist, you will be expected to execute on a broad range of projects simultaneously to drive increased revenue and subscriber engagement. You will manage weekly projects and updates that contribute to the overall marketing and merchandizing of the Video on Demand storefront for more than 2 million customers.
The right candidate must be comfortable in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, while working with cross functional teams, as well as analyzing portfolio results to develop recommendations to the marketing team. We are looking for energetic people, passionate about movies and television content, who bring with them creative and analytical thinking, and the ability to adapt rapidly to change.
Job Duties/Accountabilities :
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Develop, recommend and implement new marketing strategies to attain and exceed subscriber revenue objectives
- Create compelling and strategic marketing presentations to obtain buy-in and alignment across key campaign stakeholders
- Campaign Ideation & management: Interpret marketing and customer data to identify opportunities to grow video on demand penetration and drive revenue
- Contribute to Merchandising strategy to meet business goals including themes, communications and promotions
- Define measures of success and track results accordingly, altering approach as needed
- Monitor, analyze, and report weekly results while and overall performance of the portfolio
- Manage relationships with studio partners and affiliates to develop partnerships that help achieve take rate targets
- Monitor industry trends and competitive action from other players in the industry
- Actively contribute strategically to the overall marketing planning cycle
- Make recommendations on new processes, and initiatives that benefits the team’s performance and projects
- University Degree/College Diploma in marketing or business administration
- 2-3 years experience running marketing programs (preferably in large organizations)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills in order to be able to interpret data and recommend insight and action to marketing
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines within a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively
- Strong sense of autonomy and initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Flexible and able to comfortably operate in an ever-evolving & changing market environment
- Knowledge of PPV/VOD market is an asset
- Knowledge of players in the telecommunications competitive landscape
- Previous experience with marketing and communications
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide an asset