- Duration: 11 months
- Extension: Possible
- Temp-to-perm: Desired
- Rate: Open
- Remote work: 100% until return to the office (hybrid)
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English.
- The client's team is responsible for managing the IBM Infosphere DataStage platform.
- Your mandate will be to administer the DataStage platform in a SysAdmin role. You will be responsible for the availability, robustness, monitoring and automation of the DataStage platform. In addition to these tasks, we are looking to automate as much as possible the operation of the platform, inspired by DevOps practices. We want to add automated pipelines and work with our users to make them more and more autonomous.
Your role and responsibilities
- Actively work on our infrastructure modernization project;
- Actively work on our platform (software) upgrade project;
- Take charge of the activities related to the sound management of the technological infrastructure (patching, tests, etc.);
- Accompany our customers during production start-ups;
- Work on our automation initiatives to make our users as autonomous as possible (implementation, creation of environments, etc...);
- Intervene and manage incidents impacting the platform to ensure continuous service availability;
- Improve monitoring and alerting solutions on the platform;
- Assist users with their questions/problems related to the use of the platform;
- Drive and participate in proof of concepts on the platform to get the most out of the DevOps and Cloud tools at our disposal.
We are interested in meeting you if you recognize yourself in the following:
- Advanced mastery of DataStage platform management;- Advanced knowledge of RedHat Linux in a SysAdmin role;
- Knowledge of IBM Websphere Was, IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS/LSF) and IBM SAN Storage;
- Ability to investigate database issues;
- Basic knowledge of networking and firewall;
- Knowledge of ticketing and incident management tools (Remedy);
- Basic knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, etc);
- Knowledge of automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Docker) - An asset;
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Splunk, DataDog) - An asset;
- Demonstrate leadership, influence, initiative, rigor, autonomy and be an excellent team player;
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps concepts;
- Comfortable in a constantly changing environment;