- 3-6 years experience.
- May be an expert in one or more of the major areas ie: process modelling or have a good well rounded general exposure.
- May supervise more junior analysts.
- Acts as a liaison between the IT development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems;
- Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements;
- Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems;
- Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Works under the direction of a project manager.
The candidate will function in an AGILE project-based environment, working with various information technologies, network and operational subject-matter experts to successfully build requirements, document, test and assist in delivering complex technical project solutions.
This career opportunity is searching for a skilled network professional, who understands the end-to-end systems and technologies required to support Broadband, IP/MPLS, Access, Ethernet and TV technologies service provider network, and the associated services riding across it.
Analyze business problems, design, maintain and assist in the delivery of system solutions in support of the New Product/Technology projects.
Maintain standards, methods and best practices by applying solid understanding of the business, client’s standards as well as those guidelines set out by external regulatory bodies in telecommunications.
- Strong Service Assurance knowledge and the ability to simultaneously work on multiple complex initiatives.
- Mastery of applied core IT and networking competences (OSI layer, Object Oriented technologies databases and SOA Architecture Webservices).
- Proven experience in large scale system design and deployments, including OSS, interfaces, hubs and connectors.
- Sound and applied knowledge of:
- Client’s HH1 (2-3)K modems over DSL and Fiber.
- Client’s global OSS architecture for Inventory Management, Surveillance, Performance Management, Service Provisioning, DSL testing, etc.
- Client Operations processes in the service assurance environment, specifically in the Trouble Management domain.
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and iterative), coupled with strong ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written with the ability to communicate and demystify and describe technical complex material to a non expert audience.
- Proven ability to manage successful business relationships with peers in various departments, companies & at different levels of management
- Ability to manage, maintain and improve vendor relationship, despite difficult delivery environment
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills – ability to manage large teams in matrix reporting environments
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or Information System management
- UML Documentayion
- Linux/Unix shell functions (managing processes, editing text files, OS navigation, etc)
- SOAP UI and SQL knowledge
- General understanding of programming and markup languages
- Enterprise application frameworks (Java EE, ESB, .NET, etc)
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Any procedural language (C, Perl, Shell, AWK, etc)
- Any markup language (HTML + CSS, XML, SGML, etc)
- Strong understanding of the Service Assurance, testing domains and functions
- Knowledge of client’s xDSL, POTS, access Fiber Networks and TV services
- General understanding of industry standards of IT, such as the ITIL, ETOM and TMF models.
- Proven track record in systems integration. Solid experience is software development and infrastructure design for large scale distributed systems and applications
- Deep knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools. Deep understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP.
- Deep knowledge of operating systems’ internals and utilities (Unix & Windows)
- Object Oriented Software Analysis and Modeling, Relational Database Analysis, Modeling and Optimization
- Bilingual is a definite asset
- Previous Business analyst experience
- Application Testing and Defect Tracking tools
- Customer service and network diagnostics tools (DSL test preferred)
- Test Case Automation
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and deliverables.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and ability to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities.
- Ability to travel – sometimes at short notice – within the Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, London corridor – depending on project needs.
- Fast paced, changing working environment