Currently it is work from home. Return to office could be September or later this year.
Hours per week: 37.5
This is primarily an accounting/reporting role.
Candidate will be responsible for IFRS16 lease accounting, GL reconciliation and month-end and adhoc reporting
3 top functions -
- Candidate will be responsible for IFRS16 lease accounting,
- GL reconciliation and month-end
- and adhoc reporting.
Will work daily in an SAP environment
Contractor to deliver within 6 months - Ensure timely review and accounting of leases under IFRS16
Top 3 skills & qualifications -
- and ERP skills
Ideal candidate - Good accounting knowledge, ready to learn new skills and a team player.
No testing in interviews
Potential for full time - Not known at this time
The client's Controller Organization is looking for a dynamic and experienced Manager for the Capital Assets and Lease Accounting team, located in Mississauga Ontario. The Capital Assets and Lease Accounting team is responsible for the overall accounting process for client and its subsidiaries’ fixed assets and capital leases (IFRS16).
This position is ideal for an individual looking to work in a very dynamic and challenging environment and this is an excellent opportunity to learn about client operations and processes.
The Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting (CALA), will be responsible for many of the capital accounting processes. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Assets and Lease Accounting, they will perform a variety of tasks with the objective of:
- Monitoring capital projects being established and the costs being recorded
- Prepare monthly Fixed Asset and Debt continuity schedule, M form and annual Y form
- Managing and reporting on the balances attributed to Assets Under Construction (AUC)
- Analyse month end depreciation expense and variances
- Analyse monthly transfers and their impact on depreciation
- Analyse month end gain/loss
- Update, review or ensure compliance with accounting policies
- Ensure assets are added and retired from the accounting results appropriately
- Review balance sheet reconciliation to ensure balance are valid with sufficient back up
- Complete and document monthly control procedures
- Assist in external/internal audits.
- Annual CRTC reporting preparation
- Respond to BU Controller queries regarding their fixed assets and depreciation.
- Executing changes requested by BU Controllers to their assets (write ups, write downs, transfers and retirements)
- Assist Tax Department(s) in pulling information relating to fixed assets for corporate tax returns, GST/PST audits etc. Prepare ‘Provincial Utility Tax’ schedules annually and any other statutory reporting requirements.
- Create, manage and report IFRS16 leases in SAP REFX
- Regularly monitor interface activities from lease source systems to SAP
- Work with lease originators to complete inputs into REFX to facilitate lease contract creation and updates
- Other Ad hoc reporting
Critical qualifications / competencies would include:
- Bachelors or college degree
- Proficient PC skills, advanced Excel is a must
- Comfortable working with large data volume
- SAP & BI skills, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to make complex issues and processes clear and understandable to key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Ability to effectively work with peers and internal customers
- Capacity to take initiative and ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution
- Able to handle multiple requests in order of priority