• Possibility of extend : yes
• Possibility of Temp-to-perm : oui
• Working from Home : from home for now, following the restriction
• Bilingualism : English only, bilingual is a nice to have
• Hour per week : 37.5
Contribute to the full spectrum of product design responsibilities, from user research to validation. Plays a coaching role for less experienced colleagues and provides guidance on software design best practices.
The client is Canada’s market leader in custody, trade execution and brokerage solutions to independent Portfolio Managers, Investment Dealers, and Investment Fund Managers. With over 30 years of continuous service and a team of more than 200 professionals, we serve 400 independent firms with over $200 billion in Assets under Administration.
The client's Product Team is deeply committed to helping our firms free up time and grow through intuitive, flexible, and powerful digital experiences that seamlessly support their day-to-day operations. We are on a mission to be our market’s leading FinTech partner and you will be part of the team that gets us there.
Their product designers have: a curiosity and drive to understand the user expectations for each persona, an ability to communicate them clearly to the team, to create product experiences that are useful and usable. The ideal candidate is interested in and willing to learn about wealth management and the craft of designing world class products.
• Contribute to the full spectrum of product design responsibilities, from user research to validation
• Break down abstract needs and research into clear and feasible user interface assets for the engineering team
• Balance business & user impact with development effort with to make economic design decisions
• Work within the design team to expand UX and UI design patterns
• Help create a design system to support feature development
• Create hi-fidelity prototypes of components and interactions
• Help manage product wide concerns such as accessibility, white labeling/theming and user preferences
• Work with the platform team to develop components and tools to be used across the platform
• 3+ years experience designing web-based software applications; B2B2C experience is an asset
• Experience working with cross-functional product, design, and engineering teams in agile / lean
• Expertise in design thinking and human-centered design methodologies
• Experience with visual and interaction design of software products
• Proficient with design specification of interactions and design attributes like spacing, color and typography
• Prototyping and great interaction design instincts, either with graphic tools or in working HTML/CSS/JS
• Great written and spoken communication skills
• Self-starting on projects and working from a position of ambiguity is very beneficial
• Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and techniques for making web-based software accessible is an asset