The Network and Technology Services team is looking for a new Cyber Security Specialist to support the evolution of the 5G and MEC security practice.
Your main role will be to support the 5G, MEC, Hosting Infrastructure (like Openstak NFVi, openshift CNFi, Storage, Network etc.), Public Clouds security tactical plans to scale and optimize the overall security posture for these critical assets. You’ll be involved in technical and roadmap discussions and decisions with senior security architects, internal business units and partners. You will be empowered to enable and enforce a security by design approach with asset and business owners.
Candidates must be self motivated, open minded, great team players and have a passion for security. The successful candidate will partner closely with other security architects and specialists internally.
- Review end-to-end security architecture, designs and roadmaps, propose applicable security controls based on threat risk assessment, corporate requirements, and support in the implementation of “Security By Design” security controls.
- Work with the service owners/technology teams to ensure that security requirements are properly incorporated “security by design” into new IT solutions and design changes to existing systems.
- Work as the main liaison with service owner and other security teams/audit for the compliancy of security control and risk acceptance.
- Review and propose security controls for different public cloud technologies (Hyperscalars) deployment of MEC.
- Review the development and implementation of new technologies, services and analyze the resulting impact of security posture and provide recommendations.
- Support developing and updating security guidelines based on industry best practices and corporate directives to guide service owners.
- Knowledge of implementing security controls such as PAM, IAM, SIEM/SOAR in a telecom environment is an asset.
- Evaluate and partner with vendors to asses and implement security solutions.
- 5+ years of Cyber Security, including lead roles in major projects and initiatives, particularly in the wireless space (An Asset: working with telecom operator)
- Good understanding of multiple fields of security and security products
- Experience with and advanced knowledge of wireless networks, operations, infrastructure
- Knowledge of different international security specification/best practices of 3GPP, GSMA, ENISA, ITU, NIST, CIS Benchmarks and others with ability to explain standards and frameworks to technical and non-technical staff, developers, system/network administrators, and management.
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- An asset: University degree in engineering, business administration, information technology or related disciplines
- An asset: Cyber security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or others
Location: Mobile profile (Working from home and office presence) in Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa