3 top skills that must see on the resume:
- Working experience in UMTS (3G), LTE (4G) Radio access technologies
- Experience with testing and deploying radio access features
- Experience working with Nokia, Huawei and Ericsson Radio Access Nodes
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
Being at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, we are always in need of smart and ambitious people who like to be working on cutting edge technologies. If you are looking for more than a place to work and are not afraid of challenges, we have room for you.
We are a technology team linked to Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Client Care to execute on our number one priority: Delivering Canada’s Best Network to our customers.
The mission of the Radio Access Development team is to develop the best wireless network for our customers as technical leaders by learning, developing and enabling new radio access technologies to:
- Improve user experience
- Minimize operational impact
- Reduce OPEX/CAPEX related to RF coverage & capacity
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Radio Access Development, the Radio Access Architect will be responsible for:
- Technical development of HSPA+, FDD LTE and TDD LTE RF access features related to performance, capacity and new services.
- Technical development of CAT-M1 and NB-IOT RF access technologies and features
- Development of test plans and execution of new feature testing in our lab environment
- Assessing, managing and influencing the RAN vendor roadmaps based on what will bring value to our customers, our business objectives and network evolution requirements
- Working closely with cross functional teams members to support end to end rollout of the RAN features in the production network
- Supporting cross functional teams for new service introduction and providing last level of support from RF access related issues.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer by presenting and explaining complex technical subjects to various audiences from Operations, Engineering, WT and Management.
- Supporting the Engineering teams with RAN software upgrades in the network
- Supporting other Wireless Technology teams with new technology introductions
B.Sc. in Electrical/Systems Design Engineering with specialization in communications with 5-10 years experience in one of the following types of organization:
- Wireless carrier (engineering or technology department)
- Wireless infrastructure vendor (RF engineering, system design, IOT or R&D department)
- OEM (Network & terminal IOT department)
- Excellent working knowledge of UMTS and LTE core network architectures and radio access technologies.
- Technical understanding of KPIs and Network counters/statistics
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Able to simplify and teach complex concepts to various audiences (engineers, technicians, executives)
- Strong technical leadership and time management skills
- Ability to motivate people to participate in various development projects
- Ability to articulate and negotiate technical requirement with vendors
- Innovative (visionary) thinking approach to problem solving
- Experience with LTE and UMTS/HSPA+ call flow, call admission, mobility management, RF capacity and network performance
- Ability to extract vital information from large amount of logs (mobile or network logs) in order to properly assess benefits related to the introduction of new features
- Experience working with Nokia, Huawei and/or Ericsson Radio Access nodes.
- Working experience in HSPA, FDD and TDD LTE, CAT-M1 and NB-IOT would be an asset.
- Working experience with protocol analyzers like XCAL, XCAP, Qualcomm QXDM and Wireshark
- Working experience with reviewing and interpreting 3GPP technical specifications
Work Address Details :5099 Creekbank Road, Mississauga, ON, L4W 5N2